Reopen Plan for CIS Academy
ESSER III COVID relief funding from the Federal government requires school districts to share the reopening timeline of schools and seek public feedback and suggestions as we plan for the 2021-2022 school year. Beginning in March 2020, CIS Academy created a remote learning plan to ensure instruction and learning continued during the pandemic.
We were fortunate that CIS Academy was able to move to in-person learning during the 2020-2021 school year for students wishing to return to in-person instruction. The following is a timeline for in-person learning during the 2020-2021 school year:
- March 1, 2021
- Students began in-person learning on an A/B schedule
All students assigned “A” schedule attended school on Monday and Tuesday. All students assigned “B” schedule attended school on Wednesday and Thursday. All students were in remote learning on Friday to allow for a deep cleaning of the school.
- March 1, 2021
- In-person learning on an A/B schedule began for grades 6-8.
- EC students were permitted to attend in-person learning for 4 days.
- Fridays remained a remote learning day for all students.
- April 13, 2021
- Return to in-person learning four days per week. (Grades 6-8)
- Fridays remained a remote learning day for all student.
For the 2020-2021 school year, school reopening guidance was updated frequently to reflect current guidelines from local, state, and federal authorities. E-mail notifications of updated information were sent to staff and shared with stakeholders. It was the expectation of CIS Academy that all parties adhere to the school’s reopening guidance. A copy of any reopening guidance for the 2020-2021 school year can be found on the school website.
CIS Academy returned to in-person learning for the 2021-2022 school year. During the 2021-2022 school year, CIS Academy will continue to review guidelines from local, state, and federal authorities to determine the best practices. School reopening guidelines for the 2021-2022 school year will be designed to support the health, safety, and behavioral/mental needs of all students and staff.
It is the expectation of CIS Academy that all parties adhere to the school reopening guidance. A copy of any reopening guidance for the 2021-2022 school year can be found on our website at https://www.cisrobeson.org/cis-academy/ and will be available at the school upon request.
If you have comments, thoughts, or suggestions, please use the link below to submit. The public comments link will remain active until September 21, 2021.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
CIS Academy takes the health and safety of all students and staff very seriously. As a school, we are working to create and distribute important information about the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
It is important that our stakeholders are aware of the actions necessary to prevent the spread of any respiratory viruses/illnesses to others. According to the Center for Disease Control (CDC), you should:
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
When necessary, CIS Academy will provide up-to-date information regarding the COVID- 19 disease to our main website and social media platforms. Also, additional details regarding COVID-19 can be found at www.cdc.gov/COVID19 or at the Robeson County Health Department website at https://robesoncountyhealthdepartment.com/.